This Season's Concerts:
- October 25, 2015:Our 54th season begins on October 25th with a celebration of the season we call “October.” Clarinetist Ted Casher will be our soloist as we perform music that reflects the beauty, solemnity and vibrant colors of autumn
- November 27, 2015: Former and current Tri-County Music Association Scholarship and Summer Study Grant recipients take the stage on November 27th to benefit the TCMA Scholarship Fund. This collection of solos and small ensembles features the favorite selections of each student and is titled “Scholarship Showcase 2015.”
- December 13, 2015: Once again, we offer our Annual Children’s Christmas Concert, free of charge, at the Sippican School on December 13th with the help of the Sippican School Concert Choir (and guests) under the direction of Patricia Richard.
- February 14, 2016: New Bedford Symphony concertmaster, violinist Jesse Holstein will return to the Tri-County stage on February 14th (Valentine’s Day) to perform the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto in a program of symphonic band music that is filled with rhapsodic rapture and romance entitled “Love is in the Winds.”
- April 3, 2016: The April 3rd program, “Sousa Spectacular”, will be a concert in the style and manner of the famous John Philip Sousa Band that was a prominent musical force in the early part of the 20th century. Trumpeter Jay Daly will be the featured soloist as the band performs many classic overtures, suites and, of course, Sousa marches..
- June 12, 2016: Our 14th Annual Benefit Pops Concert will be held at Tabor Academy on June 12th at 3 PM, in a grand tent, and will include music from a variety of maritime traditions as well as explorations into the history, folklore and literature of the nautical world. Join us for a program called “A Celebration of the Sea.”
The 2015-2016 concert season, our fifty-fourth, is a filled with an eclectic blend that is sure to delight all who attend our concerts. We are excited to continue the tradition of bringing the community high quality symphonic band music and outstanding soloists. I hope you will share in the “Tri-County experience” that has thrilled audiences for over 54 years.
The Tri-County Symphonic Band (TCSB) is a community-based musical organization comprised of professional, semi-professional, talented amateur and talented student musicians. The TCSB performs five concerts annually, often featuring a guest artist.
This Season's Featured Artists
In addition to supporting the TCSB, the Tri-County Music Association (TCMA) administers the John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund offering scholarships for college music majors and summer study grants for high school students. The TCMA has given out thousands of dollars each year in support of student musicians in the Tri-County area (Barnstable, Bristol and Plymouth counties of Massachusetts).
You can show support by:
We support our community by:
An exciting musical project for benefit of
the TCMA John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund
Former TCMA scholarship recipient, jazz pianist Matt Richard has released his new CD recording, THE JAZZ CLUB, and is donating all proceeds from the sale of the CD to the TCMA John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund. The CD and individual tracks may be purchased on iTunes or CDBaby. The cost for the CD is $9.99 and the individual tracks are $.99 each. The CD is also available locally at The Symphony Shop, 94 State Road, North Dartmouth, MA and The Bookstall, 151 Front Street, Marion, MA